INTRODUCTION TO FILING AND RECORDS MANAGEMENT
In any organization, all activities will
involve business processes and every official business process produces records as evidence of that process. These records are very important in
terms of financial, audit, legal, and administrative matters.
This training program
is designed to educate staff in any organization about the basic process of filings and records
management including definitions, standards, classifications, records
retention policy, guidelines, procedures, dispositions and different types
of records, etc.
Participants will be able to learn basic skills and knowledge required
in managing filing system and records in their organization. These include:-
- Understanding the basic rules in
filing, indexing and classification of records.
- Understanding the National Archives Act of
Malaysia and roles of the National Archives.
- Understanding the basic information on Records Management and discusses
the common issues/concerns related to Records Management.
- Understanding the basic concept of Records Management, its key principles,
important elements and main benefits;
- Familiarizing the concept and purpose of Records Retention &
Disposition Schedules (RRDS), its implication for non-compliance and the 'how to' implement it at respective organisation;
- Understanding the purpose & functions of a Records Centre;
- Learning the processes involved in records disposition that include depositing
records to the Records Centre, retrieving of records from the Records Centre,
and the disposing of records.
Interested?. Please contact us at : email@example.com